I like rockabilly because it’s raw and powerful. Even though it may be a nod to the 1950’s early guitar rock, it still sounds great. Plus I like the look. It’s kind of dangerous and feels like the wrong side of the tracks.
Rockabilly music applies to much of the rock ‘n’ roll that dominated jukeboxes in the 1950s. Pre-movie and jumpsuit Elvis Presley, Bill Haley and the Comets, Gene Vincent, Carl Perkins, and even Buddy Holly fall under its umbrella. The sound is characterized by hollow body guitars (think surf music), upright bass, and songs about hot rods, parties, and pretty women.
While different music categories like alternative, swing music, dub step, jazz, are all rockin’, can be gritty at times, and have their roots in blues, when it comes down to it, rockabilly – the greasy and rowdy younger cousin – is way cool.
- Why Optical Illusions are the Best Thing Since Sliced Bread – October 10, 2017
- Photo/Video Gallery Examples – October 10, 2017
- Songs by Me – October 10, 2017
- Just Stop this Bickering About Columbus Day: – October 10, 2017
- Secret of Long Life: Stay Putrid & Isolated – October 10, 2017
- Charlie Chaplin and The Great Dictator Speech – October 10, 2017
- Were the Master Renaissance Painter’s Using a Secret Trick? – October 10, 2017
- Ancients Thought that the Human Heart was actually the “Brains” – October 10, 2017
- Where Fish Raining from the Sky is an Annual Event – October 10, 2017
- Altamont Music Festival 1969: When the One Eyed Man was King in the Country of the Blind – October 9, 2017