Hands down, there is no better marketing machine then that of our favorite Fab Four, The Beatles. Here you have a consistent excitement from a loyal fanbase that continues to grow, through sight, sound, and motion.
With each marketing initiative, we have a celebration.
And each glass of marketing juice is full of brightly colored flavor: The Beatles announce their 50th anniversary edition of Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band.
And they diversity into many other areas, all the while maintaining their core competency with the production of music. Here is their debut of the Vegas show ‘Love’, a co-production with Cirque Du Soleil. The three-time Grammy Award winning LOVE is a Rock ‘n’ Roll poem, inspired by the poetry of the lyrics and brought to life by a cast of world-class aerialists, acrobats and dancers.
The Beatles Anthology was a television documentary that came out in the year 2000, that featured a ‘behind the scenes’ angle with their library of songs.. and even included a “lost track” from the late John Lennon.
Your Brand is an ‘Experience’
Part of the Beatles Brand experience has been the sense of fun. And it doesn’t matter what medium The Beatles produce their brand experience, this sensibility comes through in the short novelty songs, but also through full length movies, such as “A Hard Days Night” where the group comes across as a comedy troupe the likes of Groucho and the Marx Brothers.
Even in the early days of Ed Sullivan shows, the excitement of the Brand experience was at a 12 on a scale of 1-10. Check out the audience of screamers.
My point is this: what ever they do, fans love it because they Experience it.
Take a look at Apple as a brand. It doesn’t matter if Apple computer puts out a Toaster. The new Apple Toaster will toast both sides of the bread, it might even make espresso on the side and spray your toast with cinnamon. But the fact will remain: people will stand in line for hours to buy that darn toaster.
And so lastly, what can we learn from this? Your Brand is what people ‘experience’ and you can have a brand journey that takes us on a ride that we will all live right along side you. This is what The Beatles do for us, they evolve, and shape themselves and we live the life experiencing their message through sight sound and motion.
*disclaimer: this article may not have said much, but it was a good excuse to listen to some Beatles, eh?
Beatles are Gear!
- Why Optical Illusions are the Best Thing Since Sliced Bread – October 10, 2017
- Photo/Video Gallery Examples – October 10, 2017
- Songs by Me – October 10, 2017
- Just Stop this Bickering About Columbus Day: – October 10, 2017
- Secret of Long Life: Stay Putrid & Isolated – October 10, 2017
- Charlie Chaplin and The Great Dictator Speech – October 10, 2017
- Were the Master Renaissance Painter’s Using a Secret Trick? – October 10, 2017
- Ancients Thought that the Human Heart was actually the “Brains” – October 10, 2017
- Where Fish Raining from the Sky is an Annual Event – October 10, 2017
- Altamont Music Festival 1969: When the One Eyed Man was King in the Country of the Blind – October 9, 2017