Instagram is testing a way for its community to learn more about the items they view within an Instagram post. Each post will have a tap to view icon at the bottom left of a photo. When tapped, a tag will appear on various products in the post—showcasing up to five products and their prices.
Once a tag is selected, a detailed view of the product will open. This test will give the Instagram community valuable information along their shopping journey before they make a purchase. During the initial phase, these new features will be available only to a group of people on iOS devices within the US.
To test the new experience, 20 US-based retail brands including Kate Spade, JackThreads and Warby Parker will share posts that have more depth, making it easier for Instagrammers to review, learn about and consider the items that interest them.*** Each post will have a tap to view icon at the bottom left of a photo. When tapped, a tag will appear on various products in the post—showcasing up to five products and their prices.
Once a tag is selected a new detailed view of the product will open. This functionality will bring important product information to the consumer earlier in the journey, all without having to leave the Instagram app to search. Then, if the consumer taps the Shop Now link from the product details view, they’ll go directly to that product on the business’ website, making it easier for them to buy the product they want.
Instagram already is a great place for discovery on mobile. While consumer research informed the first step of this test, we expect to learn a lot from the businesses we’re working with in this early test. During this initial phase, the new features will be available to a group of people on iOS devices within the US. As we roll out further, we’ll explore product recommendations, ways products are showcased to shoppers, global expansion and the ability to save content so Instagrammers can take an action later. We want to understand how to deliver the most seamless shopping experience for consumers and businesses on Instagram, and ultimately mobile.
- Was There Really a “Good Saint Nick”? (The Origin of Santa Claus) – December 13, 2017
- The Groovy Christmas Song – November 20, 2017
- Photo/Video Gallery Examples – November 10, 2017
- Why Optical Illusions are the Best Thing Since Sliced Bread – October 10, 2017
- Songs by Me – October 10, 2017
- Just Stop this Bickering About Columbus Day: – October 10, 2017
- Secret of Long Life: Stay Putrid & Isolated – October 10, 2017
- Charlie Chaplin and The Great Dictator Speech – October 10, 2017
- Were the Master Renaissance Painter’s Using a Secret Trick? – October 10, 2017
- Ancients Thought that the Human Heart was actually the “Brains” – October 10, 2017