I am so sick of the Funnel this, and the Funnel that.. you know what? We all sound like morons talking about funnels, and conversions, and click throughs, etc. that we got lost in the techno babble speak of the Direct Digital Marketer, and forgot what we are really speaking about:
It’s about the Customer Journey
Think of it this way: what is the Customer doing? How are they experiencing your Brand? Let’s take a look at an average Brand Experience on Facebook:
Let’s say I am your potential customer, and you are a Farmers Market. Here was my journey that led me to you: I first saw a video on Facebook, and became Aware of your farmer’s market business.
Then I then saw a boosted post and liked it, and commented on it, becoming part of your community.
I then clicked on a multiple image ‘click to website’ ad because now you have generated a demand to get to know more about your Farmers Market, moving me closer to a sale.
I finally was shown a single image ad, and that is when I made a purchase. Maybe in your mind, it was a ‘conversion’ (another techno babble marketer speak) but in my experience, I made a Purchase.
This may be YOUR “funnel” but it is MY Journey.
So the next time you are wondering what Facebook campaign may be good at any given time, remember to look at the path that leads to your purchase door, and that you are building that experience as the Customer Journey.
- Why Optical Illusions are the Best Thing Since Sliced Bread – October 10, 2017
- Photo/Video Gallery Examples – October 10, 2017
- Songs by Me – October 10, 2017
- Just Stop this Bickering About Columbus Day: – October 10, 2017
- Secret of Long Life: Stay Putrid & Isolated – October 10, 2017
- Charlie Chaplin and The Great Dictator Speech – October 10, 2017
- Were the Master Renaissance Painter’s Using a Secret Trick? – October 10, 2017
- Ancients Thought that the Human Heart was actually the “Brains” – October 10, 2017
- Where Fish Raining from the Sky is an Annual Event – October 10, 2017
- Altamont Music Festival 1969: When the One Eyed Man was King in the Country of the Blind – October 9, 2017