Try wrapping your head around these statistics. Approximately 3.5 trillion photos have been taken since Daguerre captured Boulevard du Temple 174 years ago.
The global photo count is rising swiftly due to the accessibility of digital cameras and camera phones. Today, more pictures are taken every two minutes than were taken throughout the entire 1800s.
And nobody captures that inspiration & style better than Instagram.
Here are some cool stats:
48.8% of brands are on Instagram. By the end of 2017, this is predicted to rise to 70.7%
If we only look at the top 100 brands in the world, 90% have an Instagram account
96% of US fashion brands are on Instagram
Outside China, almost 50% of Instagram users conduct product research on social media
Engagement with brands on Instagram is 10 times higher than Facebook, 54 times higher than Pinterest, and 84 times higher than Twitter
Over a third of Instagram users have used their mobile to purchase a product online– making them 70% more likely to do so than non-users
32% of US teens list Instagram as their most important social network, more than any other social network
50% of Instagrammers follow brands, making them the social networkers who are most likely to do so
Posts that include another handle gain 56% more engagement
Posts with at least one hashtag gain 12.6% more engagement
And posts with a location receive 79% more engagement
Photos see more engagement than videos on Instagram
The average engagement per post has grown by 416% compared to two years ago
70% of the most used hashtags are branded
Photography has changed massively over the years. A couple of bonus stats attest to that: more pictures are now taken every two minutes than were taken during the entire 1800s.
It is also estimated that ten percent of all photos ever taken were snapped in the last twelve months.
- Why Optical Illusions are the Best Thing Since Sliced Bread – October 10, 2017
- Photo/Video Gallery Examples – October 10, 2017
- Songs by Me – October 10, 2017
- Just Stop this Bickering About Columbus Day: – October 10, 2017
- Secret of Long Life: Stay Putrid & Isolated – October 10, 2017
- Charlie Chaplin and The Great Dictator Speech – October 10, 2017
- Were the Master Renaissance Painter’s Using a Secret Trick? – October 10, 2017
- Ancients Thought that the Human Heart was actually the “Brains” – October 10, 2017
- Where Fish Raining from the Sky is an Annual Event – October 10, 2017
- Altamont Music Festival 1969: When the One Eyed Man was King in the Country of the Blind – October 9, 2017