The TOP targeting technique for Facebook ADS
I work for Facebook in the Advertising department. My job is to consult with businesses in optimizing strategy and adopting new ad products. I educate both business and ad agencies on how to be successful with Facebook Advertising campaigns. The intention of the our program is to show how to follow Facebook best practices, provide tips & tricks, and offer guidance to those small businesses looking for ways to be successful with Facebook Advertising.
And so, my typical conversations are about Sale Funnels, ad campaigns, click through rates, targeted demographics, customer acquisition costs, behavioral profiles, impressions, brand awareness, driving traffic, and delivering a cost effective digital marketing strategy.
One of the areas where people struggle is: Audience Targeting..
So, here is a cheap and cheerful way to explain Interest targeting:
T.O.P. = Topics of Conversation, Organizations and Associations, People & Places
When defining Interests, you can zero in on your potential customers by better profiling your potential audience, and really find the sweet spot.
Topics of Conversation:
What are your customers talking about on Facebook? What are they currently “liking” or “sharing”? What do you think would be interesting to your perfect customer?
Organizations & Associations
What groups or clubs does your target audience belong to? What association do they have a membership in? What organizations are your customers involved with?
People & Places
Who does your client follow on Facebook? Celebrities? Influencers? Brands? Companies? (Competition?) Where are your clients interested in? Cities? Events?
These questions will help you discover a “sweet spot” of potential target audience. Your answers and approach may vary, depending upon whether you are a Brick & Mortar, a Brick & Click, Online only, and E-Commerce, however, in general, if you follow the guideline for T.O.P. Interest Targeting, your ad dollars will reach a targeted audience that has a higher propensity to buy.
- It’s not a Funnel, it’s a Journey - May 28, 2017
- Why Creativity Matters More in the Age of Mobile - April 12, 2017
- The Best Marketing Machine Ever is The Beatles - April 6, 2017
- Traditional Advertising VS Digital Marketing - March 27, 2017
- It’s all About Video Content now… - February 28, 2017
- New Ways to Watch Facebook Video - February 18, 2017
- Budgeting for better Facebook Ad Delivery - February 7, 2017
- Introducing Facebook Live Audio - December 21, 2016
- Save That Hot Post on Instagram - December 16, 2016
- Video Tab for Facebook Mobile App - December 11, 2016