It’s not a Funnel, it’s a Journey
I am so sick of the Funnel this, and the Funnel that.. you know what? we all sound like morons talking about funnels, and conversions, and click throughs, etc. that we got lost in the techno babble speak of the Direct Digital Marketer, and forgot what we are really speaking about:
It’s about the Customer Journey
Think of it this way: what is the Customer doing? How are they experiencing your Brand? Let’s take a look at an average Brand Experience on Facebook:
Let’s say I am your potential customer, and you are a Farmers Market. I first saw a video on Facebook, and became Aware of your farmer’s market business.
Then I then saw a boosted post an liked it, and commented on it, becoming part of your community.
I then clicked on a single image click to website ad because now you have generated a demand to get to know more about your Farmers Market, moving me closer to a sale.
I finally was shown yet another ad, and that is when I made a purchase. Maybe in your mind, it was a ‘conversion’ (another techno babble marketer speak) but in my experience, I made a Purchase.
This may be YOUR “funnel” but it is MY Journey.
So the next time you are wondering what Facebook campaign may be good at any given time, remember to look at the path that leads to your purchase door, and that you are building that experience as the Customer Journey.
- It’s not a Funnel, it’s a Journey - May 28, 2017
- Why Creativity Matters More in the Age of Mobile - April 12, 2017
- The Best Marketing Machine Ever is The Beatles - April 6, 2017
- Traditional Advertising VS Digital Marketing - March 27, 2017
- It’s all About Video Content now… - February 28, 2017
- New Ways to Watch Facebook Video - February 18, 2017
- Budgeting for better Facebook Ad Delivery - February 7, 2017
- Introducing Facebook Live Audio - December 21, 2016
- Save That Hot Post on Instagram - December 16, 2016
- Video Tab for Facebook Mobile App - December 11, 2016