It’s all About Video Content now…
In-Stream Video Ads on Facebook and Audience Network
In FB’s efforts to put video first across the FB family of platforms, FB is constantly building new features and tools to create immersive and engaging experiences for people. Great content is a critical part of these experiences, and In-Stream video will help publishing partners monetize their premium video content, both on Facebook and on their own websites and apps.
On February 23, FB shared a few updates about video monetization on Facebook and through their Audience Network (mobile apps) placement:
• All eligible publishers can now make money from in-stream video ads on their own websites and apps through Audience Network. All advertisers running video view objective campaigns are eligible to deliver on Audience Network.
• Qualified broadcasters in the U.S. will now be able to participate in the beta test of ad breaks within Facebook Live video.
• FB is starting a small test allowing publishers to insert short ad breaks into videos they upload, or into existing videos in their Facebook libraries.
Ad Breaks are a new way for you to earn money from your Facebook Live broadcasts. This feature allows you to take breaks during your live videos to run short advertisements. You will earn a share of the revenue from the ad breaks in your videos.
Ad Breaks are currently in beta testing with some Pages and Profiles in the U.S. If you are invited to join the test, you will get a notification with an opportunity to sign up for the beta program.
How It Works in Live Streaming
To set up ad breaks, you’ll need to have at least 2,000 followers. Once you’re set up, you can take ad breaks during any live broadcast that has more than 300 people watching at the same time, after you’ve been live for at least 4 minutes. You can take additional ad breaks every 5 minutes after your first break.
When you are ready to take an ad break, you can let your viewers know that you will be right back. They will see an in-stream ad of up to 15 seconds in length. After the ad is over, your viewers will return to your live broadcast, and you may resume as usual.
Here is the Set up Guide in the Help Center:
- It’s not a Funnel, it’s a Journey - August 1, 2017
- Live 360 video is like “Going Behind the Scenes” - July 25, 2017
- Canvas Ads are a Destination, not an Ad (Spec Sheet) - July 22, 2017
- Traditional Advertising VS Digital Marketing - July 13, 2017
- Coffee Up – With Music - July 12, 2017
- Instagram Marketing Stats & Photo Opps - July 5, 2017
- Music Adds Power to Marketing with the #powerofmusic - May 21, 2017
- Why Creativity Matters More in the Age of Mobile - April 12, 2017
- The Best Marketing Machine Ever is The Beatles - April 6, 2017
- It’s all About Video Content now… - February 28, 2017