Budgeting for better Facebook Ad Delivery
Clients always ask me about the budget: how much, when, where, etc. etc. There are a few ways to optimize your budgets right off the bat. How do you do your budget on Facebook Advertising? Here’s a couple of tips you may not have thought of:
Facebook Ad budgeting for better Delivery
Allocating a larger budget to a smaller number of ad sets will optimize more effectively, rather than splitting up your budget into many ad sets. For example, running 15 ad sets with budgets set at $100 per day is less effective than having 1 ad set with a budget of $1,500 per day. The bigger the budget allows for more versions or clicks which means better delivery.
So, let’s talk about budgeting best practices. It’s a good thing to allocate a larger budget to a smaller number of ad sets. For example, running 15 ad sets with budgets set at $100 per day is less effective than having 1 ad set with a budget of $1500 per day. The bigger budget allows for more conversions or clicks which means better delivery.
Let’s break it down further for you: let’s say your average cost per ction on Facebook is $20. You launch a new ad set and give it a $100 per day budget.
Based on simple math, you can get only 5 conversions per day. Since it is recommended to get at least 20-25 conversion per day to get effective delivery from a conversion campaign, 5 conversions a day is not enough conversions. For optimal delivery, I recommend a minimum budget of $400-$500 per day to hi the minimum 20-25 conversion per day.
And there’s more…
Make the algorithm work for you: Set lifetime budgets for your campaigns. Choosing a Daily budget does not allow for the algorithm to work as effectively as a Lifetime budget does because the system only has 24 hours to figure out who to deliver to within your target audience rather than the entire duration of your campaign. Multiply your Daily budget by the campaign duration to calculate the Lifetime budget.
If you can’t afford the $4500 – $500 per day, and you have a smaller budget,stick with the simple recommendation of allocation a larger budget to a smaller number of ad sets rather than splitting your budget up into multiple ad sets.
- It’s not a Funnel, it’s a Journey - August 1, 2017
- Live 360 video is like “Going Behind the Scenes” - July 25, 2017
- Canvas Ads are a Destination, not an Ad (Spec Sheet) - July 22, 2017
- Traditional Advertising VS Digital Marketing - July 13, 2017
- Coffee Up – With Music - July 12, 2017
- Instagram Marketing Stats & Photo Opps - July 5, 2017
- Music Adds Power to Marketing with the #powerofmusic - May 21, 2017
- Why Creativity Matters More in the Age of Mobile - April 12, 2017
- The Best Marketing Machine Ever is The Beatles - April 6, 2017
- It’s all About Video Content now… - February 28, 2017